INFORMATION ON RE-CERTIFICATION
6 months prior to expiry of certification (at the end of the 5th year of certification), candidate can apply for re-certification for another 5 years by
- providing proof to IMM that he/she has been employed in a related profession; and
- accumulating sufficient Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points*.
Prior to the expiry of the 5-year re-certification (at the end of the 10th year of certification), candidate can continue to be certified for a further 5-year period by
- providing proof to IMM that he/she has been employed in a related profession
- accumulating sufficient CPD points*; and
- attending the relevant Refresher Course for certification (if any).
The candidate must re-sit the certification examination if he/she has been out of the profession for more than 18 months continuously during the 5-year certification or re-certification period.
*The minimum number of CPD Points to be accumulated over a 5-year period shall be 100 points with an annual requirement of at least 10 points.
HOW TO APPLY FOR RE-CERTIFICATION
- The certified individual must apply for recertification using the completed official application form for recertification e.g. IMM-CF-306A for JWES certification schemes and IMM-CF-306B for various other certification schemes.
- The following must be submitted with the application form:
- Recertification fees as established by the IMM Management with proof of payment;
- Current CV with details of past and current employment records to show continued work experience in the related field;
- Copy of current competency certificate;
- Copies of certificates of related courses attended to show professional development; and
- Any other documentary proof (if available) to show continued use of the skills required.
- The application form together with the relevant documents and the fees shall be submitted to the IMM Secretariat (email@example.com)
Download the application form for re-certification here:
FEES FOR RE-CERTIFICATION
RE-CERTIFICATION FEE (RM)
IMM MEMBERSHIP FEE (RM)*
|1||COATING INSPECTOR LEVEL 1||5 YEARS||600.00||200.00||800.00|
|2||COATING INSPECTOR LEVEL 2||5 YEARS||600.00||200.00||800.00|
|3||VIBRATION PRACTITIONER CATEGORY 1||5 YEARS||600.00||200.00||800.00|
|4||VIBRATION PRACTITIONER CATEGORY 2||5 YEARS||600.00||200.00||800.00|